My Firefox Bug with Returning Csv Content

    So this was an interesting bug that I encountered last week and it was just happening with Firefox. I'm not complete sure about the information I found but my guess was firefox  grabs it's file types from the register in windows. Either way my issue was what I was using for the mime type and below is what I tried in order.

application/vnd.ms-excel  - This would for some users open up the file in xls and trim file name.
application/csv - Worked fine for all my users.
text/csv - Worked just like the previous one. I think this is the safest choice. I'm already treating it like a text file on the server side so this would more apparent in my case to use.

Resources
How do I map a .csv MIME type to the "Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values File" application?
What to set as mimetype for csv files to open in spreadsheet applications - Stack Overflow

Popular posts from this blog

UI-Bootstrap Collapsible Sticky Footer

Installing Windows on Acer chromebook 15 cb3-532

Aspetcore: NLog with Postgresql