Error: No compatible version found: chalk@'0.4.0'

    This error actually had me stumped for a bit but that's because I thought it was something I was doing wrong. However after looking around I found that I simply needed to update my Node version. Rather than getting too deep into the technical details, I will just list my researches. I forget what version of Nodejs I was using before the update but with one simply click all my problems went away. 

Error: No compatible version found: chalk@'0.4.0'
The reasoning behind my thoughts earlier was because of my use with the mark ">=version" in my dependencies package.json file. This attempt was made after looking into the documentation  which I noticed that grunt-contr-uglify requires grunt 0.4.0 or great. So this all started that point on with my research.


Resources
node.js - Note to self update Nodejs!
Error: No compatible version found: chalk · Issue #23 · segmentio/metalsmith
npm install fails · Issue #163 · gruntjs/grunt-contrib-uglify - The same package I was trying to add.
https://www.npmjs.org/doc/json.html
https://github.com/gruntjs/grunt-contrib-uglify
Grunt on Windows 8: 'grunt' is not recognized - Another issue but easy fix, just open cli in admin.

Popular posts from this blog

UI-Bootstrap Collapsible Sticky Footer

Installing Windows on Acer chromebook 15 cb3-532

Aspetcore: NLog with Postgresql