Useful Javascript Libraries for IE8 Support

I hate to be held back because limitation and IE8  is a gross limitation for a browser. However when I can provided the support by doing little work on my end I say why not. So when iI have to met this little requirement the are two libraries that come to mind. The first is Respondjs and one if the things I love about this library is that it works just how I would want it to. I don't need to change any of my CSS files, nor do I have to create my styles any differently than  what I am doing for modern browsers. So thinking ahead if I ever wanted to drop support for IE8 , would simply remove the js file.

The second is jquery-placeholder which I like because of the fact along with the placeholder attribute so that is it not completely useful in IE8.  The things I would like to see with this library is it automatically be set up for all placeholders. Currently you have to set that part up but its super easy so no complains. 

Popular posts from this blog

UI-Bootstrap Collapsible Sticky Footer

Installing Windows on Acer chromebook 15 cb3-532

Aspetcore: NLog with Postgresql