Recursion in Javascript

    The setup goes like this... Prompt the users with a dialog which inside has a text box. Then allow them to place into comma separated data. When they are done have them click save which closes the prompt. So far so good, split the data and place them into a series of input boxes. Now it doesn't matter how many boxes of input there are because it will just create more if the user's input is greater than what is available. Given this task I thought I would try to do it by using a recursion. Up to that point I had never used a recursion in Javascript.

Problems I faced
Everything worked out fine until I hit this error which I got the Maximum call stack size exceeded error and what I had to do was define the upper limit to my recursion. In my opinion I would be wary with using recursion.

Resources
Recursion (computer science) - Wikipedia - Just in case you forget.
Javascript - Maximum call stack size exceeded error - Stack Overflow
Calling a javascript function recursively - Stack Overflow
Browser Javascript Stack size limit - Stack Overflow
Recursion (JavaScript)
Javascript Basics Part 12

Popular posts from this blog

UI-Bootstrap Collapsible Sticky Footer

Installing Windows on Acer chromebook 15 cb3-532

Aspetcore: NLog with Postgresql