Research on JQuery Editable Table Plugins

    My goal here was to find or create a jquery editable table that I could custom to my needs with a little or no work and helpfully be easy to maintain. I also wanted to make sure that what I chose would not impact how I implemented my back-end. The following is the basic a starting point of what I am working with but not limited to...
<table class="table table-condensed">
       <thead class="storage"></thead>
       <tbody></tbody>
</table>
From this point I would pull my table data in by either a model binder or simply create the table via ajax and appending it there. Still is without looking at how a plugin is design or needs to be setup so I might have to look at that before I begin implementing which I got with. I started my research by listing what I was looking for and what I thought I might have to customize.

My Requirements
  •  Input check for duplicates.
  • character input limiting (no more than 12 chars).
  • Highlighting if a input is already on the table and saved show this to the user.
  • A separate labeling for the rows.
  • Dynamic header for the table. 
  • Copy n' Paste input vs. editing each cell in the table.
Don't need
  • Column or Row Sorting.
  • Input type validation other than 12 char limitation.
Other Editable Table Projects

EditableGrid,
    Things I like
Home · mleibman/SlickGrid Wiki
    Things I like
Handsontable - jQuery grid editor. Excel-like grid
      Things I like
    • Crops the table if there isn't enough space
    • Dynamic Cells based on the size of input.
    • A look and feel design similar to what users already know!
    Things I like
    • close to what I am looking for with style.
I think all of these projects were excellent plugins and each had something I needed but with a few pieces missing. Which I could have just as easily wrote something to make them work with my project. However out of all these projects, I felt none of them were quiet intuitive enough afor the idea that the tables were being edited. By displaying to the user what they are editing and how it is being effected to the database. After looking at a few example plugins I decided to create my own regardless of my research. Still it was important to know what was available and also to get some ideas that I could use for my own.

Resources

Popular posts from this blog

UI-Bootstrap Collapsible Sticky Footer

Installing Windows on Acer chromebook 15 cb3-532

Aspetcore: NLog with Postgresql