Nexus 7 Not Appearing Over the USB

    This should have been a easy setup but since I ran into a few problems that weren't simple nor obvious I thought I would share and record my notes. For much of my android development I use the ADT Bungle for Windows, I have the Android Studio Development but just playing out with it. Regardless the problem with my setup was my Nexus 7 not appearing. At this point I had already gotten the debugger mode enabled and the usb connected but still 'adb' is not seeing my device.
     Simply put the Nexus 7 by default (for me at least) was set to MTP and if you can see the connection mode notification can change it from there to PTP. The notification for me appeared briefly, so what I did was have the notification bar open as I plugged in my nexus.

Notification will appear below USB debug

Unchecked MTP and Check PTP

The first link you below holds the location where to install drivers for your windows setup which you might need to know for when you switch from MTP to PTP, but the last link is the most important. The two others are just a little reminder with how to find devices or make sure everything is working properly. Side note if you want to take a picture of your screen on any Android (4.0 and up) just press the power and volume down button at the same time.

Resources
  1. OEM USB Drivers | Android Developers
  2. sdk - why i cant authorized nexus4 device in the adb - Stack Overflow 
  3. Android - adb tools not finding device - Stack Overflow
  4. android - Nexus 7 not visible over usb via "adb devices" from Windows 7 x64 - Stack Overflow

Popular posts from this blog

UI-Bootstrap Collapsible Sticky Footer

Installing Windows on Acer chromebook 15 cb3-532

Aspetcore: NLog with Postgresql